Family Peer Support
What is Family Peer Support?
- A mutual parent or caregiver who has or is raising a child with mental health symptoms.
- Assist in strengthening families communication, advocacy, resources, and empowerment.
- Engages with parents or caregivers with or without their child present.
- Personalized to align with specific, hopes, goals, and preferences of the family.
Why Family Peer Support?
- Experience navigating children’s mental health systems as a parent
- Services are provided through parent to parent meetings.
- IEP meetings.
- Team meetings with other service providers
- Create self-care plans
- Practice setting heathy and realistic boundaries
- Focus on strengths and what is working vs. what is not
- understands recovery is possible and role models resilience
How to access Family Peer Support?
To get started contact your child’s;
- Case Manager
For More Information Call Kiesler Wellness Center 218-326-5114 or
Taylor Jackson 218-244-4717 Tjackson@northlandcounseling.org
Janet Miller 218-256-1006 Jamiller@northlandcounseling.org